Covid 19 restrictions may prevent many of us from participating at Christmas Mass this year.
Despite this, it may still be possible to create an atmosphere of prayer and Christmas wonder and a sense of the divine presence in our homes and for our families during this sacred season.
Every Mass from Oranmore and Maree is broadcast on parish radio on 105.3 FM
In the coming days it is planned to live-stream Mass from Oranmore – details will be circulated soon.
On Christmas Eve, Mass, celebrated by Fr. Diarmuid, will be broadcast live from the GALWAY BAY FM STUDIO.
GATHER WITH YOUR LOVED ONES, TURN OFF THE TELEVISION, LIGHT A CANDLE AND SIT DOWN TOGETHER. THEN, ACROSS THE AIRWAVES, UNITE YOUR HEARTS, HOPES AND PRAYERS WITH YOUR PARISH COMMUNITY.
- Covid 19 restrictions strictly limit the numbers participating in religious services to 50 persons or less.
- Our legal, moral and social obligations require us to abide by these regulations.
- Since the Christmas demand greatly exceeds our Covid 19 capacity a system of Mass Passes has been introduced for Masses.
- You are invited to apply for a Mass Pass if you intend to participate at Mass during this time.
- Please fill in the Application Form which you can download here.
- You are asked to nominate three possible Mass at which you are able to participate.
- Every effort will be made to assign a Mass Pass to you for ONE of these Masses.
- You can apply for up to THREE Mass Passes for a nominated Mass but each Mass Pass recipient MUST be from the same household.
- Applications MUST be returned by 5pm on Thursday, December 17th.
Return: ORANMORE – POST BOX AT TEARMANN MHUIRE (PARISH OFFICE)
MAREE – WALL-SAFE IN FRONT PORCH OF MAREE CHURCH
- You will be contacted (text/email) by 5pm on Monday, December 21st if we have been successfully able to assign a Mass Pass to you.
- Arrangements to collect your Mass Pass will be made at this time.
In such unprecedented times, no system can successfully assign our very limited space to all those who will want to participate at Christmas Mass.
After much consideration, conversation and research our Covid 19 Reopening Group and I have decided that this system is genuinely the fairest and best we can do.
Please be patient and understanding with our staff, with us and with each other.
Go mbeirimíd beo le Nollag 2021, le cúnamh Dé.